Following the 1-month lockdown UK announcement made on Saturday 31st October 2020, during the week Basketball England sought guidance from the Department of Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS), Sport England and UK Sport and can confirm that, from Thursday 5 November, the following restrictions must be observed.
As stated on the official Basketball England website:
What basketball cannot take place during lockdown?
All non-elite basketball (training and competition) must stop from Thursday for the duration of the lockdown and regress to Level 4 of Basketball England’s Return to Play guidance, this includes:
- NBL Division Two and Three club training and competition
- All Jnr. NBL training and competition. Following Government feedback NBL U18 Premier is no longer deemed as ‘Elite’ and therefore will also move to Level 4
- All other Senior and Junior local league, recreational training, and competition
- EABL, WEABL and ABL competition is postponed until at least January 2021 in line with AoC Sport guidance
What basketball can take place during lockdown?
- BBL/WBBL and NBL1/WNBL1 training and competition – permitted under the Government’s ‘elite’ exemption.
- NBL1/WNBL1 subject to viability (venue access etc) and receiving financial support from DCMS
Basketball within Education – If sporting activity is part of an educational course, training must comply with Level 2 of Return To Play guidance
How does this affect the Brent Bulls Basketball Club?
- All scheduled training sessions will be postponed and reviewed to continue from Friday 4th December 2020
- All official JNBL games will be postponed till January 2021
- NBL Division 3 Men’s and Division 2 Women’s are still postponed with no full cancellation of the season
“I want to thank all the families and players for their trust in our club during this process, it’s been challenging and difficult to communicate and keep the club members engaged. Without you all being so understanding, it’s been a pleasure to mange and operate, and finding solutions where we can as a club. The coaches and myself are all fighting for court time and competition for all our teams, we will be ready when the timing is right for us safely to return to the court.”
– Clive Castillo, Director of Brent Bulls Basketball Club
Our U-18 and U-16 boys had one last session this past Tuesday 3rd November 2020 @ Charteris Sports Centre led by Head Coach Marlon Robinson and Assistant Tomas Dzidzevičius.
We look forward to returning to the court, together! Please all take care and stay safe through these times.
Keep visiting our website and follow our social channels @BrentBulls for latest day-to-day club updates